Product description provided by Citrix:
Access Gateway is a secure application access solution that provides administrators granular application-level control while empowering users with access from anywhere. Access Gateway gives IT administrators a single point of control to manage access and actions based on both the user and the endpoint device, providing better risk, security and compliance management.
Access Gateway Benefits Include:
- SmartAccess -- Ultimate flexibility in controlling access and actions
- VPN solution performance and scalability
- Easy to deploy, administer and use
- Delivers secure remote access to virtualized applications and desktops
- Users -- Access Gateway was designed from the ground up to provide an excellent user experience. Single point of secure remote access and single sign-on capabilities minimize the number of authentication prompts, creating easy navigation to all key resources---including Windows® applications (delivered with or without Citrix XenApp™), desktops delivered by Citrix XenDesktop™, e-mail, file shares, internal Web applications and more. Additionally, always-on access ensures sessions are automatically reconnected after losing a network connection or roaming between access points.
- Administrators -- Access Gateway provides fast, easy and cost-effective deployment and ongoing management. The client is Web-deployed and is automatically updated without user intervention, and management tools are highly intuitive. Organizations can easily provide mobile and remote users with desk -- like access from any location -- without the cost and complexity of installing, configuring, updating and supporting client software on each device.
Three editions of Access Gateway are available to meet SMB to enterprise business needs:
- Standard Edition -- Designed for organizations with fewer than 500 concurrent users who are looking for an excellent secure remote access solution without the need for highly sophisticated policy deployment.
- Advanced Edition -- Designed for organizations with fewer than 500 concurrent users who are looking for an excellent secure remote access solution that includes highly sophisticated SmartAccess policy deployment, browser-only access or mobile device support.
- Enterprise Edition -- Offers market-leading scalability and performance, SmartAccess
Pricing information: The pricing starts at $3,500 and varies by the edition and models.
View more WAN Performance Management products in our Product Showcase.
View more Remote Access products in our Product Showcase.
This was first published in June 2009