However, if limitations are enforced based on application types, there might be a possibility, provided you can find sufficient bandwidth upstream beyond your VPN tunnel termination point. It really depends on many factors, like the type of ISP connection you have, your VPN connectivity, and other variables.
For more information:
- Learn how to prioritize bandwidth for data center consolidations.
- How much bandwidth is enough? Alexander B. Cannara explains.
- Check out this bandwidth utilization tip series.
- Calculate the cost of VPN links to determine whether you can downgrade and save money.
- Understand how session border controllers (SBCs) can be used in lieu of VPNs to protect communication data.
Email your VPN-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This was first published in February 2012