Rainer Enders is CTO of Americas for NCP engineering, a secure remote access and VPN solution provider. He has over 20 years of experience in the networking and security industry. His other areas of expertise are test automation in quality assurance and the testing and verification of complex network and system architectures. Prior to joining NCP in January 2010, Rainer headed his own strategic consulting firm, Rainer Enders Consulting Enterprises, which focused on computer network security and storage networking. Before that, he held a variety of technical roles at Identity Engines, NeoScale Systems, Yipes Enterprise Services and Ericsson.
Email your VPN-related questions to email@example.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Rainer Enders, VPN expert
- How can I ensure app store security for my users?
- What are the biggest risks of BYOD?
- What VPN is best for connecting an acquired company?
- Can misconfiguring VPN clients cause security breaches?
- Does 'VPN reconnect' need certain security protocols?
- How do I ensure my VPN works with our firewall?
- What WAN options are better than MPLS VPNs?
- Examining the performance metrics of an MPLS VPN
- Can I allow certain users to access a VPN client?
- What is a remote access VPN?
- How to tell if your VPN encryption is working
- How do I disable a VPN passthrough?
- Why must you customize your network security solutions?
- How can I ping but not do tracepath on my Layer 3 VPN?
- Do Layer-3 MPLS VPNs need to have BGP-4 support?
- Are ADSL VPNs a type of MPLS VPN?
- Can I use a VPN to bypass my ISP bandwidth usage limit?
- What are the types of MPLS VPNs?
- Does the MTU need to be changed for the VPN header?
- Why are there issues with VoIP over VPN?