Ensure a positive VPN deployment outcome with this list of steps enterprises should use to choose and roll out a VPN deployment:
- Use top-down and bottom-up approaches to build a short list of VPN providers to determine which is the best VPN for your enterprise.
- Involve power users, telecommuters and road warriors in one or more pilot studies.
- Pick options that balance the lowest user hassle with the best security.
- During VPN setup, integrate VPN maintenance and audits into general security posture and lifecycle.
- Know that IP address restriction technologies provide another welcome layer of protection and security.
- Keep investigating new VPN tools and technologies as they emerge, and stay on top of your chosen vendors' upgrades and new offerings.
For more information, view SearchEnterpriseWAN.com's VPN tutorial.