Ensure a positive VPN deployment outcome with this list of steps enterprises should use to choose and roll out a VPN deployment:
- Use top-down and bottom-up approaches to build a short list of VPN providers to determine which is the best VPN for your enterprise.
- Involve power users, telecommuters and road warriors in one or more pilot studies.
- Pick options that balance the lowest user hassle with the best security.
- During VPN setup, integrate VPN maintenance and audits into general security posture and lifecycle.
- Know that IP address restriction technologies provide another welcome layer of protection and security.
- Keep investigating new VPN tools and technologies as they emerge, and stay on top of your chosen vendors' upgrades and new offerings.
For more information, view SearchEnterpriseWAN.com's VPN tutorial.
Ed Tittel asks:
What steps do you think are most vital to ensuring a positive VPN deployment?
0 ResponsesJoin the Discussion