Organizations want their wide area network (WAN) running smoothly in order to keep customers and employees connected, and WAN professionals are responsible for providing a fast, secure and cost-effective connection. But getting secure and acceptable WAN performance speeds under budget while keeping end users and higher-ups happy can seem like an oxymoron.
Is your enterprise WAN running slowly? Are network connections dropping? Poor WAN performance could be due to poor WAN planning, inadequate future-proofing or even malware and spyware issues.
Learn how to prevent these issues in this 15 minute podcast interview with moderator Tim Scannell and industry expert Bojan Simic. Simic is a respected expert in the areas of application performance management, WAN optimization, network application delivery and network management. Their conversation explains how to effectively manage and balance WAN performance with security safeguards on local and wide area networks.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Tune in to this WAN planning podcast as Simic answers the questions in order below:
- What are some of the key challenges facing companies today in terms of their WAN performance and network operations?
- How difficult is it to find a way to effectively manage WAN performance while keeping it secure for end-user organizations?
- What are some of the top technology challenges facing companies in respect to making products easy for end users to experience remotely?
- How has the increased demand and reliance on WAN and WAN performance as well as security put an impact on the policies that companies are structuring?
- Are the tools needed for proactive WAN management that are available right now adequate? Or do we have some work to do in terms of developing new tools?
- Do we need to have a dashboard, develop a tool or physically monitor the WAN at every moment in order to keep our networks secure?
- Are different industries varied so much that they will have to deliver corporate data and security differently?
For more information view the tips that inspired our WAN security and performance tutorial or download a PDF of the E-Guide Security and WAN optimization: Getting the best of both worlds:
- Find a balance between WAN security and performance
- How network visibility improves WAN performance
- What your performance management solution needs for VDI monitoring