The Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) will solve the problem of the IP addressing space issues we're experiencing with IPv4, but may leave you open to IPv6 network security issues. Understand IPv6 vulnerabilities, and alleviate your concerns by arming yourself with the tools and methods talked about in this 20-minute podcast interview with IPv6 Security: Protection measures for the next Internet Protocol author Scott Hogg.
(NOTE: Are you upgraded to the latest Flash Player? Install Adobe Flash to hear the best quality of the podcast below now.)
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
IPv6 Network Security Issues
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More information on IPv6 network security issues:
- Read this Q&A on IPv6 network security threats from both book authors: Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke.
- Read Introduction to IPv6, Chapter 1 of the book IPv6 Security to learn more.
- SearchSecurity.com interviewed Eric Vyncke in this video on why IPv6 is needed.